The Believe 271 Scholarship funded by New York State Tool Company in Memory of Gregory Wilsey
New York State Tool Company and the Believe 271 Foundation, Inc. have launched a new scholarship program benefiting family members of volunteer firefighters and ladies auxiliary members.
The Believe 271 Scholarship, created in memory of Gregory Wilsey, has been designed to benefit those residing in Oneida and Herkimer counties who have been affected by Cancer. The goal of the scholarship is to support the needs of individuals as they progress through higher education.
Gregory Wilsey founded New York State Tool Company in 1976.
Two scholarships will be awarded in June with the recipients receiving $2,500 each in financial support.
Application deadline is May 15.
Please email Lisa Wilsey, Scholarship Program Director, at email@example.com with questions.
Deadline for scholarship application and supporting documents is May 15, 2018 by no later than 3:00 p.m. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have any questions about the application process, please email Lisa Wilsey, Scholarshp Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicant must be an accepted student at an accredited college or university. Applicant must be a child or spouse of a living or deceased volunteer firefighter or ladies auxiliary member in Oneida or Herkimer Counties, who has or had a cancer diagnosis.
Applicant must submit the following items:
- Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly).
- A copy of their most recent unofficial or official transcript with cumulative average.
- Proof of acceptance from an accredited 2 or 4 year college or university. If notification isn’t available at the time of application, it must be submitted prior to receipt of scholarship funds.
- Essay (500 words or less) on the following topic: “The Believe 271 Scholarship will assist with your future endeavors.”
- Recommendation from one of the following. The recommendation should reference your academic efforts and/or how cancer has impacted your life:
- Fire Chief or Department President where your spouse or parent is/was a member.
- Teacher/Professor where you currently attend high school or college.
A committee of three (3) members from New York State Tool and the Believe 271 Foundation, Inc. will review the applications and make a recommendation. The recommendation will be in the form of a rank ordering of the applicant’s application.
Announcement of Scholarship Recipients:
Scholarship award recipients and their parents/family/spouse will be invited to a press conference in June, to announce the recipients. Scholarship recipients will be highlighted at the Pink Tie Gala this fall.